New HBO Documentary Interview on Tonight Live With Paisley Beebe
On Tonight Live With Paisley Beebe Next Week! Sunday 6pm slt 6th February 2011
On February 14th 2011, HBO will air a documentary film called “When Strangers Click” directed by Academy Award Nominee Robert Kenner (whose past work includes “Food, Inc.“). The film is about people who have met people they love online, and one segment features a wonderful story from Second Life: a Swedish musician who performs inworld and not only secured a record deal through a connection made in Second Life, but also met a woman (in the US), whom he fell in love with – now the two have a son together.
Tonight Live With Paisley Beebe was honored to be asked to help promote this film to our viewers. On next weeks show I will be interviewing the director Robert Kenner and one of the people featured in the film Second Life Musician Bara Jonson. (Watch Robert Kenner HERE being interviewed by Jon Stewart on the Daily Show about his Award Winning film Food Inc.)
As the title infers this documentary’s subject matter is about people who find love online. It features chat rooms, gaming, Internet dating and of course Second Life. On watching the screener that I was privy to I found it a both positive and disturbing film. Probably one of the most balanced documentaries on this subject matter I’ve come across. I particularly liked Bara’s Story and I’m curious to find out what his take is on it now that he has had a chance to watch it back…
The Trailer From When Strangers Click:
In Bara’s Words “If someone would have told me late winter of 2007 that I, in a short period of time, was going to get a music award for Best Artist, a contract with a New York record company, being featured and interviewed in different world magazines and newspapers, having a Oscar nominated world famous film maker from USA coming all the way to Sweden to document my story, performing at the Swedish embassy on our National day and getting fans from all the corners of the world attending my live shows… of which I would do more than 1000 the next coming years… I probably would have laughed out loud…”
Bara will be playing live on Tonight Live, and if you get a chance take a listen to his music he is great!!!
You can buy 2 of his tracks HERE in iTunes
Video Of His Concert In Second Life:
This Episode of Tonight Live with Paisley Beebe will also feature Gracie Kendal the creator of the 1000 Avatar Project, and Enoch Mildor our Resident Spotlight this Week from the Trueblood Sim To See More go HERE
- As usual the show starts at 6pm slt at Sailors Cove, get there early for this one! Audience members and viewers online at www.treet.tv/live will have a chance to ask both Robert Kenna and Bara Jonson Questions about the Documentary in chat and in the Live Chat room.
- See you Sunday 6pm slt at the Newly Located Studio at Sailors Cove, If you want to be in the audience, I suggest you get there at 5.30pm. The show is also as allways broadcast out to the Web at 6pm at www.treet.tv/live or on your home Treet.tv Screens on the live channel. And now also at http://tonightlivewithpaisleybeebe.com/watch-live/
If you can’t get into the Studio, our event partner, Sailors Cove Theatre and Park will have a screen to join with freinds and watch the show live. HERE
- You can also join the online chat by joining the “Tonight Live withPaisley Beebe” group in Second Life, the group chat is ported over to the live website and Paisley watches the live chat during her interviews for questions to her guests.
- If you would like to know who is going to be on the show each week, join our subscribomatic placed at the studio, to unsubscribe just click the subscribomatic again. Anyone who can’t get in to the studio during the show, can watch the show live here http://treet.tv/live
- The show will then be uploaded to the Treet.Tv website and available on iTunes as a download.
- All our shows are now available on Flash Player which means cleaner crisper definition, and the ability to copy and paste the player on your own website
- You can now subscribe to the Tonight Live With Paisley Beebe Show Feed also from Treet.tv Just add this feed to your favourite RSS feed reader.